About the Police Crime Prevention Academy
The Police Crime Prevention Academy (PCPA) is part of Police Crime Prevention Initiatives, the police-owned organisation that works on behalf of the Police Service throughout the UK to deliver a wide range of crime prevention and police demand reduction initiatives.
As part of Police Crime Prevention Initiatives, the PCPA is affiliated with the Secured by Design initiative, so are the leading experts in delivering Secured by Design standards and guidance.
The PCPA maintains close working links with the National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) and senior police officers from across the UK and is the established supplier to the police service for crime prevention learning & development.
PCPA qualifications have been developed as a result of an agreement between the PCPA and the College of Policing, with the PCPA’s links to the Police Service ensuring that the qualifications are constantly adapted to keep pace with changing patterns of criminal behaviour.
In addition to being the established supplier to the police service for crime prevention learning & development, the PCPA also deliver a number of qualifications to the private sector, customer facing staff at visitor attractions and key professions involved in urban design such as architects and planners.
- Delivering Qualifications to the public and private sectors on behalf of UK Police Service
- Designing Out Crime - affiliated with the Secured by Design initiative, so are the leading experts in delivering these standards and guidance
- Problem Solving – Crime Prevention qualifications
- Bespoke Qualifications to meet your needs
- All our qualifications are open to all people engaged in Security, Policing, and community engagement, who work towards and contribute to supporting safer communities
- An approved ProQual Centre