About the Police Crime Prevention Academy
The Police Crime Prevention Academy (PCPA) is part of Police Crime Prevention Initiatives, the police-owned organisation that works on behalf of the Police Service throughout the UK to deliver a wide range of crime prevention and police demand reduction initiatives.
As part of Police Crime Prevention Initiatives, the PCPA is affiliated with the Secured by Design initiative, so are the leading experts in delivering Secured by Design standards and guidance.
The PCPA maintains close working links with the National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) and senior police officers from across the UK and is the established supplier to the police service for crime prevention learning & development.
The accredited qualifications offered by the PCPA replaced the crime prevention and designing out crime courses previously offered by the College of Policing. The occupational experience of PCPA staff combined with PCPA’s links to the Police Service and subject matter experts ensures that the qualifications are kept up to date to keep pace with changing patterns of criminal behaviour.
In addition to being the established supplier to the police service for crime prevention learning & development, the PCPA also deliver a number of qualifications to the private sector, customer facing staff at visitor attractions and key professions involved in urban design such as architects and planners.
- Delivering accredited qualifications to the public and private sectors on behalf of the National Police Service
- A ProQual approved centre with the exclusive link to the Secured by Design initiative
- Designing Out Crime, Crime Prevention and Problem Solving qualifications
- Distance learning qualifications in Diversity & Inclusion, Prevention of Extremism and Terrorism, Site Security Awareness and Mental Health First Aid Awareness
- Bespoke events and webinars tailored to meet your needs
- Our qualifications and events are open to everyone who is engaged in policing, security and supporting safer communities