Overview of course
- Introduction to Crime Prevention is aimed at those whose role includes providing practical, general crime prevention advice
- The knowledge gained during this Introduction to Crime Prevention course will add value to existing roles that involve engagement with local communities
- It will enable crime prevention advice to be offered alongside the main service to help reduce the potential for victimisation and the fear of crime.
Introduction to Crime Prevention Course Details
Content for the Introduction to Crime Prevention course includes:
- Application of a problem-solving process to address a local crime or anti-social behaviour (ASB) problem
- Standards, testing, and certification of security products to improve physical security in the built environment, including Secured by Design
- Providing appropriate recommendations & crime prevention advice by carrying out an effective site security survey of a domestic property.
Three days of classroom-based (virtual and face-to-face available) learning plus completion of preliminary work and submission of a portfolio of evidence within 3 months of finishing the classroom phase.
Having completed all the course work, candidates will be required to submit a workbook where they will be asked to give examples of how they would apply their new knowledge at work. This would be supported by the submission of their Site Survey report completed during the classroom phase.
This Introduction to Crime Prevention Level 3 accredited qualification is appropriate for those who support safer local communities by providing practical crime prevention advice as part of their role. It contributes to effective partnership working and a coordinated approach to reducing crime and ASB.
This includes Police, such as Police Community Support Officers and Neighbourhood Policing Teams; partner agencies including Community Safety Wardens, community safety partnerships and staff whose role includes providing general crime prevention advice i.e. Fire and Rescue Service Home Safety Teams.
We also actively encourage private security companies to consider this qualification when developing their staff, so that they possess the skills to risk assess and problem solve the areas where they work.
The Level 3 Introduction to Crime Prevention accredited qualification is delivered locally so a cost is provided to a customer based on the number of delegates and the method of delivery - virtually via Teams or face to face - contact us for further information.