Distance Learning CPD
CPD - Understanding the PREVENT and Safeguarding Strategies
Police and partner agencies where individuals have a responsibility to Understand the PREVENT and Safeguarding Strategies for identifying radicalisation and safeguarding issues in relation to vulnerable people.
Distance learning of approximately four hours.
- The aim of the PREVENT and Safeguarding Strategy
- The roles and responsibilities of adults in relation to the safeguarding of children and young people
- Understanding the factors that influence vulnerability to radicalisation
- Being able to recognise the signs of radicalisation
- Understanding the role that social media plays in radicalisation
- Understanding individual responsibilities regarding the safeguarding of children and young people
- Being able to recognise indicators of abuse
- Understanding the effect of cyber-crime/online bullying on children and young people
- Understanding the process of the disclosing of safeguarding issues
- Understanding how to reduce the risk of cyber-crime/online bullying.