Level 2 Award in Understanding the PREVENT and Safeguarding Strategies
Police and partner agencies where individuals have a responsibility to Understand the PREVENT and Safeguarding Strategies for identifying radicalisation and safeguarding issues in relation to vulnerable people.
Distance learning of approximately ten hours including completion of an assessed workbook.
- The aim of the PREVENT and Safeguarding Strategy
- The roles and responsibilities of adults in relation to the safeguarding of children and young people
- Understanding the factors that influence vulnerability to radicalisation
- Being able to recognise the signs of radicalisation
- Understanding the role that social media plays in radicalisation
Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Understanding individual responsibilities regarding the safeguarding of children and young people
- Being able to recognise indicators of abuse
- Understanding the effect of cyber-crime/online bullying on children and young people
- Understanding the process of the disclosing of safeguarding issues
- Understanding how to reduce the risk of cyber-crime/online bullying.