Level 2 Award in Site Security Awareness
Everyone who has a responsibility to identify and take appropriate action in relation to people and situations that impact on the security of a site. It demonstrates that individuals understand the security culture of their organisation and their role and responsibility for implementing it on the site where they work.
Distance learning of approximately ten hours including completion of an assessed workbook.
Qualification content includes:
Understanding current threats
- Current methods used to commit crimes and anti-social behaviour
- Sources of information regarding potential threats
- The importance of a good security culture
Understanding the role of all staff in site security awareness
- How to conduct a visual security survey in their area of responsibility
- Methods of engagement and detection of behavioural challenges
- Best practice when searching for people and property and in conflict resolution situations
Understanding the actions to be taken in the event of an incident
- Methods of good communication and evidence gathering
- Initial steps to be taken when an incident has been discovered or identified
- How to access first aid support