This qualification is aimed at those who will be providing specialist crime prevention advice in their roles. Delegates will learn from the experiences of each other as well as having input from current practitioners. This qualification or equivalent professional experience is a requirement for those wishing to go on and complete the Level 5 Diploma in Designing Out Crime.
Level 4 Certificate in Crime Prevention for Practitioners
Ten days (two separate weeks) residential classroom-based learning plus completion of preliminary course work and an assessed post-course portfolio.
Situational crime prevention, offender behaviour and identification of vulnerable victims; applying crime prevention tools and techniques; implementing a multi-agency structured problem-solving approach; understanding security product standards and application; security site surveying, reporting procedures and cost planning; and action planning for crime reduction and prevention projects
Police roles, such as Crime Prevention Officers or similar, who have crime prevention, harm reduction or vulnerable victim protection as their specialism; Local Authorities, security and safety specialists and specialist roles within Community Safety Partnerships.
Key Learning outcomes include:
- Situation crime awareness, offender behaviour and identification of vulnerable victims
- Applying crime prevention tools and techniques
- Implementing a multi-agency structured problem-solving approach
- Understanding security product standards and application
- Security site surveying, reporting procedures and cost planning
- Action planning for crime reduction and prevention projects
Level 4 Certificate in Crime Prevention for Practitioners national delivery - classroom phase scheduled for 4th -15th November 2019